Want Jimmy to answer your question? Like his Facebook fanpage and post the questions
One of the major hidden reasons why you have difficulty losing fat is due to excessive estrogen and not knowing how to lose estrogen in men, so let’s look at some ways to lower it. Estrogen is present in both steroidal and non steroidal forms and either version can wreck favor on a male physique. A surefire way to tell if you have too much estrogen as a male is to observe your chest and triceps fat. If both of those areas jiggle then you have a estrogen problem
The steroidal form that most men will encounter will be due to the use of testosterone boosters that increase the aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone to estradiol. The non steroidal form is present in both synthetic and natural substances known as xenoestrogens, phytoestrogens and mycoestrogens.
The non steroidal forms make their way into our body based on our food choices, environment and stress levels and when they are present in high amounts not only will we have trouble losing fat but we also increase our chances of having thyroid issues, sleep trouble, certain cancers and mental instability.
15 ways to lower estrogen levels in men
In no specific order, here’s how you reduce your estrogen levels.
1. Drink 2-4 cups of green tea per day. There are numerous studies indicating green tea for lowering estrogen levels. The researchers speculated that the green tea acts by reducing the circulating levels of estrogen in the body thus rendering it useless.
2. Stop drinking out of plastic. BPA is the most well known xenoestrogen but in reality it isn’t even the most dangerous one. Almost all of the plastic available has some type of xenoestrogen in the product regardless if it’s a cup or a toy truck.Believe it or not cash receipts are even a source of xenoestrogens as well as the metal cans that hold your tomatoes in the winter.
Want to lower your estrogen levels? Avoid plastic at all costs.
3. Start eating broccoli on a daily basis. One of the most potent anti estrogen supplement is DIM which is found heavily in broccoli. Acting as detoxifying aid, DIM helps your body to process the estrogen instead of your kidneys fighting a losing battle.
4. Lose fat. Seriously! Each fat cell in your body is a estrogen hosting organism. If you give your body less chances of retaining estrogen then you’re setting yourself up for success right?
5. Lower estrogen with specific targeting supplements. This goes hand in hand with the point above about losing fat. I’m not really sure how some fitness trainers can advocate that you don’t use supplements when attempting to lean out. Yes, it’s entirely possible for you to lose weight without supplements but what those trainers don’t realize is that when you begin the fat breakdown process those fat cells are releasing estrogen into your body.
You need to meet the battle head on. I’ve already mentioned green tea and DIM but don’t overlook various forms of carnitine and a heavy dose of omega-3 fish oil.
6.Reduce your total training load. Yes, weight training increases your testosterone but it also causes an increase of the stress hormone cortisol. No one under trains unless they don’t workout at all, that isn’t an option. Most people overtrain. Reducing your total training volume and the freqeuncy of your workouts will result in a favorable hormonal shift.
7. Sprinkle flax seeds on your salads. Flax seeds and flax seed oil exhibit a strong anti-estrogen effect since they contain lignans. Numerous research studies have validated this so you’d be smart to use some flax seeds to lower your estrogen.
8. Improve your gut health. A little known but common gut bacteria known as B-glucoronidase might actually push estrogen away from being detoxed and back into circulation in your system. Luckily for us Lactobacillus has been shows to reduce this bacteria. Start with at least 4 billion strains and work your way up from there.
9. Start eating more nuts. Macademia nuts and almonds, among others, have been shown to provide favorable increase in testosterone. More testosterone means less estrogen.
10. Reduce your exposure to electrical magnetic waves. Stop carrying your cell phone in your pocket and reduce your visual exposure to the computer after work hours. EMG waves from the cell phone and computer screen decrease the anti estrogen hormone, testosterone.
11. Stop eating commercially raised meat. Make the shift to organic, free range or better yet, grass fed meat. Commercially raised meat is exposed to numerous hormones that case havoc once inside our body.
12. Eat more dietary fiber to lower your estrogen levels since regular bowel movements can remove excessive estrogen from the body.
13. Avoid toxic environments. I’m not telling you to stay at home all day but start making smarter choices about where you go if you know it’ll be bad for your health. Example, my city runs a popular concert serious every month in a local park that brings in relatively known acts. I stopped going to it because it’s like walking in a cigarette factory.
14.Take 1,000 mg’s of Maca two to three times per day. This adaptagenic herb can increase sex hormone product and detox harmful substances from the body.
15. Increase your flexibility. While not a direct measure of lowering estrogen levels, stretching at the end of a hard workout or a long day has been shown to have a calming effect on the body. The more relaxed that we are the better our body will be able to perform this natural functions. Sounds out there I know but stress can do some amazing things.
The final word on lowering estrogen levels in men
These tips take time to implement but they are very powerful at ridding your body of estrogen. I can’t push my point home enough how you must slowly remove all the offenders from your life if you ant lasting change. Take a step or two above and don’t use any other until you have the first two down to a daily ritual.
Tags: Basis One, Bpa, Broccoli, Cancers, Cash Receipts, Daily Basis, Estrogen In Men, Estrogen Levels In Men, Fat Cell, Fighting A Losing Battle, Food Choices, Green Tea, how to lower estrogen, how to lower estrogen in men, Kidneys, lower estrogen, Lower Estrogen Levels, Male Physique, Mental Instability, Metal Cans, Natural Substances, Phytoestrogens, Stress Levels, supplements to lower estrogen, Testosterone, Testosterone Boosters, Thyroid, Toy Truck, Xenoestrogen, Xenoestrogens